Since moving out of my parents place, I like to show up for dinners on Sunday with a little something for the table, to make seem as though I still contribute. I usually bring a side dish or a salad, and I tend to use seasonal ingredients. One of the great perks about living near St. Lawrence Market is the farmer’s market that sets up shop behind the main building, in the big white tent. Farmer’s markets really get me off, so I make the trip at least once a week. This salad is low effort, and high impact. Take advantage of the next couple of weeks and make a delicious tomato salad for yourself, your friends, or your family. Your mother will thank you (me).
What you will need:
1 package multi-coloured cherry tomatoes
6 oz feta cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
4 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Core and seed the tomatoes on the vine and slice into sixths.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and combine with tomatoes on the vine in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes and toss.
- Crumble the feta (I like to use a fork).
- Sprinkle the basil over top of the tomatoes and feta.
- Add salt and pepper.
And you’re done! Super easy, yet impressive and enjoyed by all.